Friday, September 5, 2008

Friend's and co-workers who find their true calling.




As most of you know I am a manager for Kaman's Art Shoppes, Inc. For 13 years I have worked with many other managers, leads, and supervisors. And I have grown to like most of them not just as co-workers, but as friends. The last 3 years I have had the pleasure to work with two individuals who grown with me as well as become good friends with. Jon and Emily Lindberg. Jon who's my assistant manager and his sidekick wife Emily as my caricature supervisor. They both brought dedication, motivation, loyality, and most important.... friendship. At the beginning of the year Jon and Emily told me about going to the peace corps for a couple of years. My first reaction was, CRAP! I am going to loose 2 great people and managers. But the other reaction was that I am really happy for them. Jon and Emily are doing something that they both want and dreamed of, and that my friends says alot, when you see two people achieve their goal together. As I had lunch with them today and talked about work and some good times and employees who make our eyes twitch. When all said and done I was sad that we won't be able to share these thoughts and conservations for a couple of years. But as I left them and wish them a safe trip. I took a few moments on my drive home and thought back all the tough times and good times we had and those are the memories I will cherrish as not only a manager but as their friends. I wish nothing but the best of luck on their adventures and we will see you again soon.

1 comment:

Jamie Rose said...

I'm going to really miss those guys! Grrrr! Wimper...wimper...tears...whailing...depression...kleenex...chocolate...all better!

Jamie Rose